PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish compatibility

jjensen6823
11/18/2006, 07:01 AM
Okay, I know that "reef safe" is something of a misnomer, since almost all fish MAY nip at/eat corals under the right circumstances (I have a foxface in my 150G fish only tank who devoured an 18" colt coral before I caught him). And I know that each fish has its own personality, especially angelfish. But does anyone have an opinion on how likely it might be that the 5" blueline angel I've got coming Tuesday would behave himself in a 150G LPS tank? It's mostly Euphylliads, Caulastrea, trachyphyllia, and lobophyllia, with a few zoanthids and mushroom corals. Oh, and one 4-5" crocea, which is what I am most worried about. I bouht him to place in this tank, but now I am wondering if that was wise. I have successfully kept a potter's angel in this tank in the past, and I am told they are of questionable reef-safe-ness.

If the blueline won't behave, do you think a 5" grey poma angel might? He's currently in my fish only system, and I seriously doubt they would get along. Otherwise one of them will have to go in my 72G anemone/soft coral tank, or in my 55 FOWL butterfly tank, and I really don't want to cramp them. If all else fails I suppose I could sell/trade the grey poma, but I don't want to, he's beautiful. Any thoughts?

Jim

angelfishman
11/18/2006, 07:19 AM
i have kept grey,emperor,french,blueface,regal,majestic,asfur,black velvet and various dwarf angels.the corals i have kept them with include elegance,hammer,plate,bubble,torch corals and various anemones with no problems at all.the main corals they picked at were zoanthids,xenia,anthelia and large leather corals.good luck jim.derek

jjensen6823
11/18/2006, 07:42 AM
Wow, that's quite a list of angels! How long have they lived? I am hoping to have my blueline for 20+ years (especially when I consider what I had to pay for it!). I've had my foxface for 7 years, so I am hoping that's not just a pipe dream.