PDA

View Full Version : Red Flatworms. Anything eat them?

avshockey311
11/18/2006, 08:56 PM
I am starting to notice more and more red flatworms. Is there anything that will eat them? I know there is flatworm exit but I just hate using chemicals.

serpentman
11/18/2006, 09:06 PM
Some people claim to have success with 6-Line Wrasses and spotted mandarins. However, in my experience, nothing will eat them enough to eliminate them. Flatworm exit does work. However, multiple treatments might be necessary.

jag1979
11/18/2006, 09:07 PM
in the mean time make sure and siphon them out whenever you get a spare couple of minutes

graveyardworm
11/18/2006, 10:02 PM
My LFS said yellow coris wrasse, unfortunately mine didnt make it through QT, and I havent tried for another yet. So far regular siphoning with water change is keeping them almost unnoticeable.

reefNetWork
11/18/2006, 10:10 PM
Get a Blue Velvet Nudibranch. Worked great for me. That thing just sucks them up like a vaccuum. My lfs gets them in every couple weeks so it doesn't seem like they are too hard to find.

graveyardworm
11/19/2006, 09:02 AM
Problem with the BVN (Chelidonura Varians) Is that its diet is very specialized, it only eats red flatworms. When the population of the flatworms bottoms out the slug starves leaving enough of the flatworms to repopulate, cause it only takes one. Regular siphoning works just as well and doesnt kill slugs.