PDA

View Full Version : aquascapeing

weaselslucks
11/19/2006, 07:02 PM
ok so I see all these really cool rock formations in all of your tanks.Is there a good site to tell me how to do this myself. Such as where to get marine epoxy.how to drill holes in the rock. Do you thread pvc pipe through the holes? do you attatch the pvc to the bottom of the tank or just use a big base rock as an anchor?do you need to let the epoxy dry before placeing it in the ank and if so wont that kill all the good stuff on Live Rock ?I just love the looks but really don;t want to pull the whole tank apart

weaselslucks
11/20/2006, 05:17 PM
bump

musty baby
11/20/2006, 06:01 PM
Don't know where to get marine epoxy, can find that elsewhere in this forum, quite probably within the stickies at the top of the page. Holes can be drilled in rock with a drill bit for concrete, any reef-safe material can be used within the holes, I will be using 1/2" acrylic rod, available via ebay or the stickies at the top of the forum. You can use larger rocks as base or construct a plastic frame, which is detailed in a number of other threads. Epoxy sets quickly enough that nothing on the live rock will die by the time it's ready to go back into the tank. Don't understand your last statement, obviously if you're going to rearrange everything you're going to need to, in effect, pull the whole tank apart.