PDA

View Full Version : Will these 2 clowns pair?

JeffersonReef
11/20/2006, 11:22 AM
I added a juvenile false perc, and then added an adult true perc a week later. These two have been pretty much inseperable for 2 weeks now. Is it possible that these 2 will pair? And is that a dumb question? :)

-Tony

JeffersonReef
11/20/2006, 11:31 AM
PS - These are my first clown fishes, so I dont know much about pairing. I know that they havent developed a sex yet when they are juveniles, thats why I added the juvenile with an adult.

Also, I have a rbta and a green lta... ive had the lta for about 5 mos and Ive had the rbta since sunday. How long can I expect before they host one or both? My tank is 125g, and the 2 anemones are a foot or so apart...

GSMguy
11/20/2006, 12:16 PM
sounds like you have a pair congrats
its hard to tell how long it will take them to host for some reason some clowns wont host ever but most will i dont think there is anyway to make it happen faster wild cought tend to host better than tank raised

JeffersonReef
11/20/2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks. Thats good news. I didnt realize what a complex topic pairing was until I came to this forum. Im glad that I had some dumb luck work in my favor!

I hope they host one of the anemones soon! That is the COOLEST thing! If they dont, maybe I will add a maroon clown down the line. That might "encourage" them right, since the maroon clowns seem to be quite aggressive? Any thoughts?

-Tony

FishGuttz
11/20/2006, 12:47 PM
If you add a maroon clown I think your dumb luck might go away. Most people wait a year+ for a pair to form. Why add an aggressive fish to the mix?

JeffersonReef
11/20/2006, 01:02 PM
IC. That makes sense. It would just be a shame if they dont host the anemone. Maybe as the bta splits, they will "find" one they are intersted in and host it. Only time will tell. Thanks all.

-Tony