PDA

View Full Version : Can someone walk me through the steps of a Formalin Bath?

Raibaru
11/21/2006, 01:04 PM
I've had my clowns for awhile now and shortly after purchasing them my new clown developed a cottony like growth near his gill. About a week later my other clown that I've had for nearly 3 months developed one on the top of his dorsal fin. Since then I've put them in QT, treated with Maracyn for the presribed 5 day treatment. Done a full treatment of IO Lifeguard and a treatment of Triple Sulfa. All with no noticable improvement at all.

The only thing that has been suggested that I haven't tried yet is a Formalin Dip. Can someone explain to me the advantages and disadvantages of doing a Formalin Dip vs a Full Formalin Bath? Could you also explain what I should be doing and looking out for while doing the bath or dip? I haven't been able to find Formalin 3 anywhere locally and have only seen 37% formaldihyde. I've heard this is quite potent and was hesitant to treat with it till I got some advice.

Steven Pro
11/21/2006, 03:11 PM
Formaldehyde - Friend or Foe (http://www.marineaquariumadvice.com/formaldehyde_friend_or_foe.html)