PDA

View Full Version : Please help? Sequence Snapper plumbing for closed loop? Is it Quiet?

MarineGirl411
11/22/2006, 02:58 AM
Now my local reef shop posted on here to try a Sequence Snapper. That way I could increase my flow if I need to, or decrease it. It is supposed to be very quiet as well. It only draws 98 watts. That sounds good to me. My question is, how would you plumb that thing? I see you need a 2 in feed to the pump. Is there a way to reduce that? Is there something I can buy at home depot to fit onto that pump to decrease the 2in to 3/4 in? I have all my plumbing done and everything is 3/4in. =( I don't see how I could incorporate that into my system. Can you help? My 40 gallon reef needs some help. I ran into trouble with my QO 5,000 if you all have heard. Now he suggested using this. This would be for my closed loop system. The closed loop is split 3 times to direct flow in different spots of the aquarium. One is going to my Sea Swirl, another to loc line. The loc line is split with a y fitting. Thus making 3 splits. Can you help? Everything is 3/4in. I need a pump that is quiet and that will run cool. This is what he suggested to me. This will be a SPS and LPS aquarium. The adjustable flow is great just incase I want to increase flow when my acropora's grow. This system is not set up yet, but I am planning for that in the future. Please help?

Z-Man07
11/22/2006, 07:44 AM
This is similar to what I did on my CL. Mine is split in two. Then one "leg" is split twice, the other "leg" is split three times. I am putting a Dart on mine with the number of splits on it. I have a two inch feed to my pump. Then I came off the pump with a 1.5". At the first TEE, it is reduced to two 1" pipes. Next split is reduced to four 3/4" pipes. Check?

I believe the way that you are plumbed right now will not have enough 'inlet' to run the 'outlets' you have.

Just my two cents.

Jay
I can't vouch for the noise. My Dart has not arrived yet.

serpentman
11/22/2006, 07:47 AM
The pump itself should move plenty of water. However, it is not a pressure pump (hence the 98W) and has a shutoff of 11'. My concern right off the bat with the Snapper is that the output is 1" or 1-1/2". BY reducing to 3/4", I would imagine this represents significant head loss.

Your plumping doesn't sound extensive enough to represent a head loss of 11' so you should be ok. However, it adds up quickly and is difficult to tell for sure. I would try this in the equipment forum and see if anyone has any answers there.

MarineGirl411
11/22/2006, 02:11 PM
okay my input is at 1 in right now. Would I have to drill a larger hole in my aquarium to get this pump on there for the 2 in? I just don't understand what I need to do. Here is my plumbing so far. I know I am going to have to redo it if I get this pump. Just so you have an idea of what I have so far. I just put this pump on really quick to show my plumbing. That is why it's crooked.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/GinaM411/MVC-115S.jpg