PDA

View Full Version : green sinularia

teenab3
11/22/2006, 05:55 PM
Hello - I have a green sinularia leather that has been doing great for weeks. It's been growing and has looked nothing but healthy for a long time. Yesterday the stalk started turning black and now the whole stalk portion is this way. The tips are still green and fine though not extended.

Does anyone know what this could be? I've tried researching it and cannot find anything on it.

Also, if you do know what it is, is it possible to save part of it now by fragging it?

Thanks for your help!

salsipuedes
11/23/2006, 08:06 PM
the only method i haveheard of fragging leathers is by attaching a zip tie around the part u want to frag adn tightening it till the plastic band is touching the coral and is secure, but not tight to put strain on the coral. each day, tighten it one click till the pice seperates off the colony. Maybe its just going through a phase where it gets asilvery film and then sheds it.

Ryanqk
11/23/2006, 09:34 PM
I think they shed a layer every once in a while, i also have a green tree sinularia, but mine has never done that, are the little polyps on the branches out at all?