PDA

View Full Version : Cheap sump set up?

JustinReef
11/23/2006, 03:31 PM
I want to build a small sump for my little brothers 40G. He does not have much room under his tank and it is not drilled. Any thoughts or ideas? What would you guys recommend for overflow? HOB? I have a 10G that I plan on making a simple sump out of...I have never made one before (I had a guy custom make mine and install it for me), so it needs to be as simple as possible and very easy to install? I have been to many sites but cant find a very basic step by step type guide.

Thanks

HornetMech242
11/23/2006, 05:27 PM
When i made my refugium i used a 20 gallon tank and got some glass cut to make a set of baffles on one end to keep the return pump from sucking in sand. I used a CPR overflow with the aqualifter pump to keep it going and reset it during power losses. PM me and i will e-mail you a pic of it tomorrow since i am at work and the pic is at home.

Chris

JustinReef
11/23/2006, 08:23 PM
Anyone have ANY ideas? Really need to figure out the overflow box...Cant drill the tank, so...Ideas???

kelrn98
11/23/2006, 08:30 PM
try one of these. worked well for me. do purchase the air lift pump that is sold as an accessory. it keeps you from loosing your prime.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3642&Ntt=syphon%20overflow&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1