PDA

View Full Version : Deflated RBTA

Nht8134
11/23/2006, 10:39 PM
I was moving a coral around earlier and accidently knocked over a rock that was to the left and not touching my RBTA. That probably startled it and soon after it COMPLETELY deflated.

Im just a bit concerened because he has never been deflated to this small of size before. Ive had the anemone for about a week now and it has done wonderfully until now and it is hands down my favorite animal in the tank and Im just a bit freaked out.

My other concern is that my maroon clown is thrashing in there while he is deflated. Is this ok? I just dont want him anymore stressed than he already is. His foot is still firmly attached to a rock but he is just completely deflated. Please lend me some advise or just make me feel a lil better. thanks:confused:

redvipe2010
11/23/2006, 10:41 PM
He is probably just expelling waste, how big is the maroon, and how big is the BTA? Maroons can be a little too agressive if the BTA is not large enough.

Nht8134
11/23/2006, 11:06 PM
Well. It is a smalll maroon.(1.5 inches) They made a perfect match in size like a hand in glove before with no apparent problems so I know that the clown did not stress him out. He deflated immediately after I startled him so I dont think it is due to him expelling waste.

redvipe2010
11/24/2006, 12:39 PM
What kind of lighting do you have on the tank, what size tank, and are all your water params good? Are there any other corals near it that could be affecting it?