PDA

View Full Version : Levamisole Concentration and PPM for Monti Nudi's

Neptune777
11/24/2006, 08:20 AM
Hi fellow reefers!
I need to determine the correct amount of Levamisole for a 40ppm 5 gal bath. I purchased the bottle of Levasole (brandname) online and unfortunately it does not have the % purity of the active ingredient (levamisole hydrochloride) anywhere on the bottle. It does say the net wt. is 20.17g and that the bottle contains 18.15g of the active ingredient........so based on that can I say the bottle contains 90% Lev. Hydrochloride?

I am battling Monti Nudi's again.......my first treatment regime I dipped the monti's in TMPCC for about 1.5-2 months at weekly intervals and did not put them into a separate QT system after the first treatment..........so here I am again. This time I dipped in TMPCC and then put them in an official QT set-up. I want to tag team dips by alternating with TMPCC and Levamisole. I have used Lev in the past and it seems to stun them...not kill them (TMPCC did seem to knock them out too and maybe even kill them when I overdosed real high). Is 40ppm the recommended dose or have people used higher concentrations?

Neptune777
11/24/2006, 03:16 PM
Bump......Anyone what % Levamisole comes in the Levasole Bottle?

Znut Reefer
11/24/2006, 08:17 PM
I did a search and found this thread. Maybe the info you need is in the thread. HTH

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=688833&perpage=20&pagenumber=1