PDA

View Full Version : nano design question.

BCreefmaker
11/24/2006, 02:27 PM
what was the best way to set up my sump? since my old arcylic tank broke due to the thickness of the sheets, im making a new one myself i have quite of bit of room for changes and upgrades to make from the first proto type. this one is planned to be: sleeker, able to support more life, allow for even more room for upgrades, have much better filtration system built into the sump / fuge, and fix the design flaws from the first prototype. i was wondering would it be better to try skim whats getting pulled off the top layer first most agressivly? the way i have it set up is my over flow runs right into a "skim chamber" and once its skimmed, it gets pumped into the small "fuge chamber" built into the bottom, then from the fuge it overflows into the "baffle chamber", which other then baffles also has small carbon/ phosban chambers built in then goes into the "pump chamber" to return to the tank. in this way i thought it would be best since everything will get to run through each chamber in order to reduce the micro bubbles of the first step and the most dirty water (the surface layer) gets processed by the skimmer first befor it goes off to any other step. i was also wondering if my fuge will be fine if it is full of micro bubbles from the skimmer? does it have any effect on the algea/pods that grow in there? should i put the baffle chamber befor the sump chamber? any thoughts? comments?

jack1492
11/25/2006, 01:08 PM
i post a reply on my thread

phenom5
12/25/2006, 10:01 AM
i'm not sure if i follow your design idea. IMO, i would try to maximize the water volume in the fuge. so i would Tee off your drain line so it splits, then put the fuge at one end, and the skimmer at the other end, and have them both flow into the middle where the return pump is. also, i'd throw a gate valve on the line that runs to the fuge so you can control the flow.

to answer your question, micro bubble won't hurt anything in the fuge.

HTH :thumbsup: