PDA

View Full Version : green carpet stopped eating

mcmarkrazz
11/25/2006, 01:57 PM
my carpet has dicided to travel and has now stationed himself in the sand but half shadded and half in light..im a little worried since they need so much light but he is under a brand new 250 12k mh so maybe its too bright for him..he alkso has refused his last 2 offerring of frozen fish, spitting them out or letting go before they enter his mouth..do i need be worried>?

kryppy
11/25/2006, 05:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8617141#post8617141 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcmarkrazz
my carpet has dicided to travel and has now stationed himself in the sand but half shadded and half in light..im a little worried since they need so much light but he is under a brand new 250 12k mh so maybe its too bright for him..he alkso has refused his last 2 offerring of frozen fish, spitting them out or letting go before they enter his mouth..do i need be worried>?

No you don't. He is hiding from the light.
In my experience, green carpets do not need any sort of intense light.
Mine lived under 4-48" NO tubes for years and still made it to
a whopping 20" in a 50 gallon high. I stopped feeding it for weeks at a time to slow its growth down!

Wait until it rolls it self up and disappears under the sand, the first time mine did that I almost had a heart attack and an hour or two later it was back and big as ever.

I have him under 2-NO 48" actinics and 2-48" VHO's now in a 90 long and he sometimes shades himself. It is hard for him to do anymore, now that he has reached 24" :)

I'm sure it will acclimate in no time.

WorldNation
11/25/2006, 05:57 PM
sounds like hes acclimating to the new bulb. give him a little time.

my carpet lived in a very shady area for about 8 months, and then all of a sudden came up and now positioned himself right under a 400w MH and (2) 110vho's.