PDA

View Full Version : fish in a 10 gallon tank

Natemania
11/25/2006, 09:24 PM
I was thinking over what to buy for my 10 gallon tank just to get all the prices figured out before I start the tank after Christmas and I was thinking of haveing a Neon Goby a Courtjester Goby and a Black and White Percula Clownfish. I was wondering if this was way to much for this sized tank or if these fish would not do well together???????

Illuminati
11/25/2006, 09:30 PM
Not to much but some picky eaters, the court jester goby can easily starve to death. I'd seriously consider replacing it on your stock list with a firefish (red or purple), much more colorful and easier to keep.

Nanomaniac
11/25/2006, 09:32 PM
Yes three fish for a 10 gallon tank would be way too much. Court Jester Gobies are somewhat difficult to care for because they have special dietary needs. They feed mainly on pods and other small crustaceans so a larger tank with a substaining population of pods would be best. I would personally recommend a small Goby such as a Clown, Trimma, neon, Masked, Greenbanded, etc.

Natemania
11/25/2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the help

Dr.FuManchu
11/26/2006, 09:08 AM
I have a pair of green clown gobies and a black ocellaris in my 10. No issues. Clown gobies stay small and are not a high bioload.