PDA

View Full Version : hypo ?

5.0stang
11/26/2006, 01:53 AM
Ok i have had it with ich! Now 2 out of my 3 tanks have ich my 1st tank is a 100 gal with a 20 high that will eventually become a fuge but as of now it only has a half inch layer of sand and a 20 long as a sump so about 140 total gallons with only one fish a porcupine puffer. My second tank that just got ich is a 38 gal with 2 clowns,2 cleaner gobies,1 yellow clown goby ,2 cleaner shrimp 10 hermits and 3 turbo snails. My question is finally since i cant use copper on the puffer and the cleaner gobies and the puffer will eat my gobies if i put them togetherin my 55 QT. Could i leave the puffer in the 100 and move the fish only from my 38 to my 20 high fuge and take the rock from the 100 and put it in the 38 and run hypo on my big tank? The sand i have in the fuge as well as in the display is pretty new and is play sand so i know its not live yet i mean i just recently started to see copepods all over the glass. Does anyone think this is a good idea? If not can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

reeffer1
11/26/2006, 10:23 AM
You can use copper on your puffer. I have in the past and am about to again in a few hours. You must monitor the copper level very carfully testing 2x a day making sure not to over dose. Hypo did not work for me. I had the fish in hypo for 6 weeks with no results so in my opinion hypo is kind of a waste of time. Now every one can disagree with me about hypo all I know is it did not work for me.

If I were you set up some type of hospital system and bomb that evil stuff with copper. Just my opinion take it or leave it!!!!

5.0stang
11/27/2006, 10:53 AM
bump