PDA

View Full Version : Problem after blackout

RDS
11/26/2006, 07:34 AM
Hi,

does anyone else have a problem with the "blackout-behavior" after the update?

Before the update I had the problem that the computer didn't start correctly after an electrical power outage (Aquatronica was informed then)

With the new update my computer starts up correctly BUT
1. he didn't show the duration of the blackout
2. (the bad thing) the internal clock didn't go on (after restarting, the time is the same as at the moment of the power outage)!

RobbyG
11/26/2006, 12:23 PM
Have not tried that yet, now that I put a UPS on the system its going to be hard for me to verify without pulling up the wiring. Anybody else had an outage since there upgrade?

nickjj
11/26/2006, 10:49 PM
I just experienced a 10 minute power failure about 45 minutes ago running the latest release. I happen to be monitoring my tank when the power came back up.
The AQ displayed the power cut symbol which i acknowledged.
Everything including the time was still correct.

Hey RobbyG what size UPS do you have connected to your AQ powerbar. I have a couple of APC 1500 watt SmartUPS running a seio 1500 powerhead and the other running my mag 18 return pump. Not sure if one will be usefull connected to a powerbar.

RobbyG
11/27/2006, 11:05 AM
I am using a APC 1200, I think that's approx 780 watts of power. I don't have my Chiller connected but everything else is. So far it has gone through one 5 minute outage with no problem. I also use a Generator so I only need it to keep the Tank going long enough to start the Generator. With a 1500 you have about 860 Watts each. Not sure what kind of power consumption your pumps are using, what about the whole system, whats the consumption like?

RDS
12/08/2006, 12:19 PM
Am I the only one with this problem - I can't believe it.

@nickjj: Which firmware/hardware versions do you have (controller and power unit).

RobbyG
12/08/2006, 12:25 PM
Might be that the Internal 9V battery is going bad.
There is a thread on replacing it.

RDS
12/08/2006, 12:34 PM
I don't think so because the controller knows all setting after a blackout and also the "last time".

Is there a newer controller, power unit version available?

My firmware/hardware versions:

Controller: 3.0 / 0
Power unit: 2.2 / 1

ik2vov
12/08/2006, 05:14 PM
Hi RDS,

please contact Aquatronica to solve the problem. THe mail is [email protected]

Bye

RobbyG
12/08/2006, 05:24 PM
The controller will not loose the settings even if the battery is removed! When the battery is totaly dead, you find that the Clock looses the Time and Date and comes up flashing. In an in-between state when the Battery is half dead I found that mine kept the Date and time but the time would be off by hours. Yours does not exactly fit any of these profiles but it's worth looking into. If you have a voltmeter you can just check the battery and see what it's putting out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8708268#post8708268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RDS
I don't think so because the controller knows all setting after a blackout and also the "last time".

Is there a newer controller, power unit version available?

My firmware/hardware versions:

Controller: 3.0 / 0
Power unit: 2.2 / 1

nickjj
12/08/2006, 09:08 PM
My versions are the same as yours

Controller Firmware 3.0 Hardware 0
UP01 Firmware2.2 Hardware 1

RDS
12/09/2006, 12:44 AM
Hi Gilberto,

I've written AQ already several times (yesterday the last time) but didn't get an answer on this topic.

ik2vov
12/09/2006, 05:36 AM
RDS, Aquatronica will answer directly to you via mail if you contact them at the address I gave you. They don't' follow the forum, I do it for them.
I asked you to contact them because there should be the possibility they have to change you the unit, but this can be done only if the technical service understand that your unit is broken or has a problem.

If I understood, you wrote them to the same mail I gave you, but received no answer, correct? if it's so let me check with Aquatronica.

Bye

RDS
12/09/2006, 08:23 AM
Yes, I sent an email to "[email protected]". It would be very nice if you took care of it (I sent you a PM)