PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a controller on a nano?

JGross4
11/26/2006, 09:16 PM
Hey everyone, well i have been planning on rewiring my setup and trying to make things mor automated. Does anyone out there use a controller on there nano? If so, which one? Why did you decide to purchase it? Do you regret it?

Thanks for your help and input!

reef 'n ale
11/26/2006, 09:21 PM
The ReefKeeper is perfect for nanos. I have two and both have been flawless. I have the the originals, not the ReefKeeper II that has come out since.

Rob

Mark426
11/27/2006, 06:17 AM
I use a Aquacontroller Jr. I cant imagine my tank without one. The Reefkeeper II is good too, either one does the job.

My Aquacontroller is paired with the DC8, that really makes the system for my use. You can get it as a package direct from http://www.neptunesys.com/ for as cheap as anywhere else.

Tnreefguy
11/27/2006, 06:45 AM
I have the aquacontroller 2 on my 55 and it has worked great. The only thing I would recomend if you are a gadget nut like me is having one with a backlit display and an ethernet port for remote programing. With the aquacontrollers if you can understand IF THEN< AND OR logic then programing is a breeze if not the software is a neccesity.

chelskisw6
12/01/2006, 04:48 PM
bump... any more input on this? im interested as well.

IsThisNameTaken?
12/01/2006, 05:37 PM
I ran the ReefKeeper 1 on my nanocube and loved it. I think regardless of the tanks size there is no downside to a controller. They are awesome.

JGross4
12/01/2006, 06:10 PM
Well, thanks for the input guys, just ordered a Reefkeeper 2 with pH probe. I also ordered a 1/2" Seaswirl, and my girlfriends going to kill me when she finds out how much this stuff cost! hahaha

Thanks for you time and help!