PDA

View Full Version : Stocking a 75 gallon FOWLR

mr. bojangsjang
11/27/2006, 08:14 AM
So far I only have a foxface lo and a chocolate chip star in the stocklist, need some more suggestions. I want fish that are A) Active B) Easy to Feed C) Somewhat hardy. They also can't attack the star either. I was thinking a yellow tang but my tank is too small.

By the way, 55-70 lbs of LR to start and big skimmer. Will add more LR and a refugium down the road.

RayAllen
11/27/2006, 10:47 AM
I personally belive a 75g tank is fine for a yellow tang, some agree with me and some wont. I might put one in my 90g. Many people in the hobby put them in 75g and up, nothing smaller. As for other fish I would suggest a flame or rusty angel, beautiful and semi aggressive. You could always go with a hearty clown, a maroon, skunk or tamatos are cool.

mr. bojangsjang
11/27/2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks. What about a Longnose Butterfly fish (Forcipiger flavissimus)? Does that fit into my criteria?

I really want a copperband butterfly but I read they are hard to feed :(

55gSW
11/27/2006, 02:35 PM
A yellow tang would be fine in a 75g.
Copperbands are nice fish but can be somewhat delicate. I have heard good things about the longnose though. Hardier and easier to get eating new foods.
:)

mr. bojangsjang
11/27/2006, 03:07 PM
Are there any other tang species suitable for a 75 gallon?

RayAllen
11/27/2006, 03:20 PM
When it comes to tangs, the yellow is the only one id put in a 75g. Purple tangs are around the same size and shape but can be alot more aggressive. Other speicies need at least a 6ft tank.