PDA

View Full Version : follow up on yellow tang turning red thread

luckydog104
11/27/2006, 11:42 AM
I Read where someone had a yellow tang that had red blotches on it , I found several reasons and was wondering if stress caused by adding a new fish to the tank could cause this or is it strictly a bacterial thing ? I added a dwarf angel to my tank on sat. and wanted to know this incase my yellow happens to go through this?

luckydog104
11/27/2006, 11:57 AM
BY the way I also know now that I should have added the yellow
last .

Ti
11/27/2006, 11:59 AM
Isn;t this the problem?
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138705

luckydog104
11/27/2006, 12:10 PM
ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates less than 5, skimmer working properly. If I had any water par. off then I would not have added the dwarf angel. I read the post before I posted mine ,it talks about water changes and bacteria . I did not see anything that mentioned stress due to adding a new fish which was my question , could adding a new fish to a tank cause this in my yellow, He is not real happy about someone new living in his house his attitude has gotten somewhat better however.

drummereef
11/27/2006, 12:15 PM
IMO, absolutely. Any stress to yellow tangs, in my experience, can cause their color to change.

luckydog104
11/27/2006, 12:23 PM
Thankyou, I just needed to know if that could happen .
Thanks again,
lucky

suitcasey
11/27/2006, 01:23 PM
Hey there :)! yup i agree with drummereef. Back when i first started with marines, i was terrified to find my brand new yellow tang with red blotches over his body! i had only started out and i was sure i was about to lose my first fish. When i discovered this forum i was relieved to find that it can be brought on by stress, or maybe less than perfect water conditions. As all your parameters are fine I'd say it was definitely due to him just not being happy about having to share his territory. He'll adjust though and should be absolutely fine :) good luck!!

Casey.

luckydog104
11/27/2006, 03:49 PM
thanks
lucky