PDA

View Full Version : How not to lose a finger to your Nanostream magnets

eisfish
11/27/2006, 02:35 PM
After two nasty pinches in one day :mad2: I figured I needed to do something to make it easier to get the magnets together/apart.

Seeing as the magnets have two holes in them, I ran a short length of cord through the outside magnet (the end knots fit inside the magnet easily).

Now I can position my Nanostreams without fear of pinching my fingers or losing grip on the magnet. It also makes separating the magnets as snap.

rvitko
11/27/2006, 03:25 PM
It is best to slide the magnets together, do not click them directly together, even if you spare your fingers, the glass could break.

eisfish
11/27/2006, 04:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8629598#post8629598 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko
It is best to slide the magnets together, do not click them directly together, even if you spare your fingers, the glass could break.

I don't click them directly together. I line up two corners on one side and lower the other side down. With the cord there's no chance of them "snapping" together this way, unless you're super weak, in which case you shouldn't be playing with heavy duty magnets.

I find the rubber pads make them hard to slide, which is great so they don't slide down the glass, but I wouldn't want to slide them to position them.