PDA

View Full Version : Bet you have never done this before.....

dwculp
11/27/2006, 04:32 PM
I had about 5 gallons of mixed water in my 30 gallon rubbermaid trash can. I was wanting to soak the can and the powerheads in vinegar for a day or so to get out a years worth of gunk in the can. I didnt really need a water change but I didnt want to waste the 5 gallons of water in the trash can so I figured I would do a 5 gallon water change.

So, I brought out the buckets and and just to make certain I had 5 gallons left in the can I siphoned out 5 gallons of nice, clean, fresh water into one yellow bucket.

Into the next yellow bucket I siphoned out 5 gallons of tank water. Nothing special, no scrubbing or anything, just siphoned out 5 gallons of water.

Telephone call.............do you see where this is heading?

Come back, attach a return hose to the power head, throw power head in bucket and fill the tank up to the tip again.

Realize I just pumped the OLD tank water BACK into the tank.

DOH!!!

GregEMT
11/27/2006, 04:37 PM
:lol:

It happens. Distractions can make us all forget where we left off.

ACBlinky
11/27/2006, 04:40 PM
teehee :D

I've done far worse, now I let the phone ring and get my hubby to answer the door whenever I'm working on the tank -- distraction can easily lead to disaster.

MC Lighting
11/27/2006, 06:40 PM
yup I don't anser phones anymore when working on things like this, I made this mistake 1 time and 1 time only when I was cleaning out the holding tank in my RV trailer it has a fresh water cleaner jet system so I hooked up the hose closed the drain valve to let it fill then the phone rang figured no big deal only be a minute well when water was raining out of the trailer that instant though of [profanity] lets just say I won't be doing that again....