Here is a piccy of our new tank we started setting up last night

Aqua One 220 Ltr

Can anyone advise on how many powerheads we should really use in this tank

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/flossyflea/Marine%20Tank/PB280003.jpg

Thanks in advance
Francesanna

Shooter7
11/28/2006, 10:53 AM
I would use as few powerheads as possible while trying to achieve 25 - 30x flow at least. In your case something like a pair of Seio 820's would be a possibility, or a pair of the cool new Tunze Turbelle nano stream 6025's would be a little on the lesser side of flow. Just a couple of possibilities. HTH :)

GSMguy
11/28/2006, 11:03 AM
nano streams stay away from seio the cost difference will be made up in less headaches restarting the pump

db_triggerfish
11/28/2006, 11:07 AM
nice tank and rocks thanks for posting i like to see tanks from other countries,

Shooter7
11/28/2006, 11:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8635081#post8635081 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
nano streams stay away from seio the cost difference will be made up in less headaches restarting the pump

Haven't had a problem with my Seios in the past year.

drummereef
11/28/2006, 11:47 AM
I second the nanostreams. A couple of them would create some nice random flow in there.

Shagsbeard
11/28/2006, 12:03 PM
I'd move the rocks off the side glass. It's going to be really difficult to clean they way you have it set up.

techigirl78
11/28/2006, 01:38 PM
Looks good. I'd just recommend adding a background.

Lpabsolute
11/28/2006, 01:56 PM
Nice looking tank...Looks like you got some good live rock with some good coraline growth...I would prob. go with 4 power heads...one in each corner but at different heights....I personally would go with MaxJets...you could put 4 MJ 900's in there and have plenty of flow...What all are you planning to keep in your tank fish/coral wise? I would also get a background on there, blue if it were me but black would look good too. I don't see anything wrong with the way you have the rocks setup...if i were going to leave them like that i would have them going all the way across to the right side of the glass as well...If your worried about not having room to clean the glass, just move them off the glass enough where you can get a MagFloat back there to keep the glass clean, would also give room for your fish to swim and hide back there if you have small fish...but in all realness, you can pretty much do whatever you want....

Shooter7
11/28/2006, 02:59 PM
Humbly disagree. To me, 4 MJ's would look cluttered, but even more so they would only give about 15 times flow, and it's a flow that is much more directed like a jet blast as opposed to the widely dispersed flow that the Seios or Tunzes would give. MJ's are good pumps, I just think there are other choices for this application that would be better.

techigirl78
11/28/2006, 03:12 PM
I agree with shooter. I always liked MJ until I got my first tunze stream. High flow rates, low power consumption, few problems reported. They really are nice and the nanostreams are decently priced and include the magnet attachment.

Lpabsolute
11/29/2006, 01:43 PM
I understand...I've just always been a fan of MaxJet's...Always used them and have had great success...you can always do mods to them to change them up a bit...i've just heard some mixed reviews on Seios and Tunzes...but people still seem to stick by them...either way