PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!!

TankBusters
11/28/2006, 10:21 PM
May not be the best area for post but I am running out of time.
My puffer is on the verge of death. I moved his tank to another room and added my ph buffer in the new water. What I failed to realize is that Seachem marine buffer is not a buffer at all, his old water was apparently 7.8, the buffer only worked for about a week since the last water change. The PH dropped. When I added the new water the PH was 8.4, hmm... buffer says 8.3 but whatever. My puffer is now breathing very very heavy and has rolled upside down 3 times now. Anyone know what I can do? I tried adding water with a ph of 7.0 but I dont want to shock him more. Any ideas anyone??????????

pelochas
11/29/2006, 04:52 PM
any update?

Sk8r
11/29/2006, 05:09 PM
Rapid changes create shock. The proper ph is 8.2-8.3. If he was in 7.8 water it was a bit off. But did you test any other parameters, Temperature, Salinity, etc? WHatever happened, keep him in dim light and with plenty of oxygen: he may pull out of it if his tissues have time to adjust.

TankBusters
12/03/2006, 12:38 PM
Ok, Im back now. The puffer is doing well now. He was going belly up and sucking air at the top of the tank 2 days ago. He is doing 100% better thank god. This puffer is a tanbk. I do not see how he pulled out of it but I am glad. There is nothing to buffer the ph in his tank and I didnt realize that until it was too late. The ph in his tank drops quite rapidly over the course of a week so I bought some crushed coral to put in the filter. The oxygen idea worked well I believe. Thanks.