PDA

View Full Version : I need help - 305 Fluval- microbubbles

liquidnoodle
11/29/2006, 06:24 AM
Hi, I have a Fluval 305 that's been on my tank for about 5 weeks. I want to keep it for the added flow, rubble rock, and if needed other media. My problem is that towards the end of the light cycle I'm getting tons of microbubbles. I've tilted it and that released tons of bubbles and it cleared it for a little while. But 10 - 15 mins later that were as bad as ever.

Help?

The tank is 55 gal, 65 lbs live rock, sand, heater, Nova Extreme lights 216 watts. Theres some cheato and a green cromis (sp?) that I just added after my first cycle. Amm. 0, nitrites 0, nitrates barely reading.

The actinic lights come on 30 mins before the 10000Ks. Then both run for 8 hours. The actinic's run for 30 more minutes before shutting down for the night.

Thanks!

I will be adding a hang on refugium and skimmer this weekend when they arrive.

flfirefighter13
11/29/2006, 07:57 AM
not sure how the light cycle ties in but my Fluval made tons of microbubbles for two reasons, occasionally the o ring where the tubes connect to the body would have a small amount of gunk on them creating a small air leak, and once when I put the tubeing together I left one of the couplers a little loose and it sucked in air. Just a thought, good luck!

vessxpress1
11/29/2006, 09:01 AM
I run one too and I know I have a lot of microbubbles when I change the media or expose everything to the air. I'm assuming you're using the bio-rings too? There could just be air left trapped in them. I'd give it a while. I don't get any micro bubbles out of mine and it's been running for a couple of years.

arbee
11/29/2006, 10:06 AM
I have the 405 on my seahorse tank and am into it a couple times a week to change floss or polyfilter pads. I keep the pads I need changing on the top levels of the inserts, change them out and then I put the canister lid on, lock it down and then use a turkey baster to make sure the water in the whole canister is filled to almost the top before I put on the hose connections. Then I prime pump and turn it on. Yep, get a few micro bubbles for a couple seconds, but it calms down quick. My output is connected to a system of spray bars so I prime it well.

liquidnoodle
11/29/2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone, I guess I'll try to wait it out. Its weird though that there are NO bubbles until the last part of the light cycle.