PDA

View Full Version : Ebay equipment from "greatdel"

jbrunken
11/29/2006, 03:35 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has ever bought any equipment from the seller "greatdel" on ebay...

He has a number of MH bulbs, ballasts and refractometers that are a great deal cheaper then the normal outlets.

I need all of these things and part of me is saying "You'll regret being cheap" and another part of me is saying "Don't pay extra just for a name brand logo".

Has anyone here bought from him before? I'm especially interested in hearing feedback on the ballasts and DE bulbs.

Thanks!

Jason

kdblove_99
11/29/2006, 04:45 PM
I'm waiting for a DE bulb right now. I only ordered 1.Because i wanted to see how it performed first. It should be here by the end of the week! I got it for $14 shipped so if it isn't very goodoh well.

jbrunken
11/29/2006, 08:53 PM
Let me know how that ends up working for you... I might end up ordering 3 250K DE's myself.

For that price it might be worth it just to be able to experiment with bulb configurations without having to spend a fortune.

I'm sure these bulbs aren't the greatest in the world, but I have a hunch that for average joe's reef tank, these are going to be more than adequate... Even if thier bulb life is 1/2 that of the more expensive bulbs, you still come out way ahead.

-JB

Miamireefer
11/29/2006, 09:00 PM
I have gotten the refractometer and a 14k 150w hqi..... the refractometer has been flawless since I have had it....(6 months now) and I have compared it to others with exact results.... I have the bulb and have tested it for lighting and the color is awesome.....now performance I can't vouch for just yet because it hasn't been put to use...still putting the 20 high together.... but the lighting is great as far as looks go thus far...

P.S. I snagged my bulb for $9.00 shipped.... don't care about growing that extra 1/2 inch on the coral with a better bulb considering i spent a fraction of the cost of what most bulbs out there go for.

Nick

kdblove_99
12/02/2006, 01:17 AM
Ok, I got my 20K bulb today and i must say i like it alot. I really like the color. SO far very impressed. Now we have to wait and see about longevity of the bulb

jstraka1
12/02/2006, 07:48 PM
I bought a 14000k 175 watt se bulb from him and it quit working after 2 or 3 months. the bulb looked good, but didnt last for me.