PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmower Blenny questions...

2farNorth
11/29/2006, 06:22 PM
Hey there!!
So far I have a healthy and happy LMB, Always ate great, infact, the next morning after acclimation, he was eating algae off of rocks.

Up until a couple days ago, he never so much as looked at anything in the tank other then algae, He got his first taste of Bloodworms the other day, and now he goes after anything that drops in the tank! Bloodworms, flake, you name it.. although the flakes he seems to spit out everynow and then...

Question, I know the LMB supposed to be a Herbivore, Is there any health problems if his diet consists of meaty foods? I've read a couple of threads on here, and of course my LMB isn't alone, but I am trying to look out for his long-term health...

Any ideas? Is there is a meaty type food that would more healthy then bloodworms? He does seem to eat pretty much any frozen I put in..

merk1_99
11/29/2006, 06:44 PM
I am sure he is eating algae in the tank...Try offering Nori on a clip....Mine loved Nori....

2farNorth
11/29/2006, 06:47 PM
Ya, so far he still eating algae,, as I still have plenty!! I am just curious about the meaty intake...

Shrine26
11/29/2006, 09:20 PM
I have not had very much success feeding my lawnmower blenny with flake, frozen brine shrimp, or mysis. Most often he will roll frozen fod around in his mouth and eventually spit it back out. He will eat some flake (Formula II) if I soak it in Garlic Guard. I worried that he never ate enough. I started putting algae sheets on a clip in the tank and he will reallygoes for them. I don't believe some occasional meaty foods like brine or mysis will hurt him, but I've never fed any bloodworms to mine before.

2farNorth
11/30/2006, 05:51 AM
Mine actually goes nuts for Bloodworms, actually pushing the cardinals out of the way for it!! I may just cut back on the bloodworms, and feed other stuff to mix it up a little, I've mainly been feeding Mysis, and Bloodworms....