PDA

View Full Version : sick clown

mikebeasley
11/30/2006, 01:45 PM
I got a clown fish when I got my tank used.I want to say it's some kind of tomato clown? It's reddish with a single white striperight behind the head.He has tons of little white bubbles on his body.I thought at first they were air bubbles from my new wave maker since he hangs around it alot,but this morning I noticed he has a big red spot near the back of his body that you can see when you look at him head on.It's apparently some kind of growth.He is acting normally, swimming around, eatting well when the other fish eat.None of the other fish seem to have it.I'm guessing I should take him out asap and put him in another tank? I have a small 20g tank that is cycled with a few damsels and can put him in there and see what happens.Any suggestions? I will try to take a pic asap and post it because I know it's tough to guess without seeing it. thanks

mikebeasley
11/30/2006, 05:26 PM
It appears to be Ich now that I've read up on it some.I am going to move all my display fish to a QT but I have a question.Can I leave my small blue legged hermit crabs in the display tank while I let it sit for 4 weeks or can they harbor ich too? I want to make sure nothing can harbor it while I wait it out and treat the fish in QT.Also can a green wolf eel stay in the display or should he goto the QT as well? thanks