PDA

View Full Version : Call for Chaetomorpha

ksquared
11/30/2006, 06:25 PM
Does anyone in town have some Chaetomorpha to sell or trade in a couple of weeks? I hate to have to order it from New Jersey or Wisconsin...

israelnajar
11/30/2006, 07:33 PM
Rob has a friend that has a fuge with the stuff just over growing. He said he could get me some when I get my fuge up and running. Just ask Rob.

GreenUku
11/30/2006, 07:47 PM
I also have a giant blob of chaeto. I can frag some for you.

I have a feeling I'm the only one who has ever used the term fragging with algae.

But this is good algae. Just remind me a couple days before the next meeting.

israelnajar
12/12/2006, 12:27 AM
I have seen some other people use the term 'frag' for algae. Not chaeto but coraline. But whatever. :)

reign
12/12/2006, 10:19 AM
yeah my buddy nate is supposed to bring me some soon (K)2 hit me up i can probably get some as well!

reign
12/25/2006, 03:54 PM
thanks for comin in Ksquared and I hope the chaeto is doin good >>>
I have more availabel in limited amounts just come in or PM me anyone interested!!!

ksquared
01/08/2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks, Eric, the chaeto looks like it's happy in it's new home. Bright green and getting bigger. Now if those dang aragocrete rocks would hurry up and cure...

ksquared
01/08/2007, 10:14 AM
BTW, there's a cool article on Macroalgae in the new January Reefkeeper mag.

Does anybody have any clue about how often to rotate the Chaeto?

israelnajar
01/08/2007, 08:26 PM
You are supposed to rotate it?

ksquared
01/09/2007, 08:51 AM
That's what the article said.

According to the article, Chaeto won't go sexual, but instead "sheds" pieces that will grow in other places that might not be so good, like pumps and return lines. Rotating it will keep it from shedding, evidently.

No advice in the article about how often to do that, though.

I anchored my Chaeto between a couple of live rocks in my mud filter, and I'm gonna let it free to float in the filter instead. I'll update if I get any results one way or the other.