PDA

View Full Version : my perculas are not swimming deep

Fungus Amungus
11/30/2006, 10:38 PM
hello everyone i just recently bought a pair of true perculas from a lfs they were swimming great at the store how ever now that they are in my tank they stay at the very top of the water they are swimming normally just within the first 2 or 3 inches of the tank.... the only thing I have noticed is that when I turn the light on they seem to be "sleeping" laying on its side then they go back to swimming but only on the top of the water anyone have any idea why they are doing this? or how I can get them to swim where I can see them? thanx alot

jeremy

GSMguy
11/30/2006, 11:21 PM
wait they need time mine did this

ReefWreak
11/30/2006, 11:24 PM
My 1 clown lives around the middle of the water column, however he always sleeps at the top up against something (either the tank glass, an overflow, an outflow, etc.)

Mrseptember15
11/30/2006, 11:39 PM
Mine were doing that the first few weeks and then they started swimming normally. :)

FishGuttz
12/01/2006, 08:41 AM
Mine did this too, the big female finally jumped out and that was the end of my pair. I assume they believe they have been stranded in a tide pool and are waiting at the surface for high tide to bring them back out to the reef.

macperry
12/01/2006, 11:01 AM
My false black percs have been doing that since I got them as babies 6 months ago. They both sleep on their side at the top of the tank. Two weeks ago I introduced a Sebea anem, and now if its not too beat up by the end of the day the 2 percs sleep in it!

Kmiec123
12/01/2006, 01:23 PM
my true pair have been at the top for over three years and with the addition of good lighting on timers started spawning about three months ago, so I would guess it's normal and there happy were they are. BTW no anemone or anything they can host.

Fungus Amungus
12/01/2006, 01:43 PM
thanx I have a lot of large hairy mushrooms and a bubble tip anenami that they were hosting at the store I guess i will cover the tank and wait thanx alot guys and galls