PDA

View Full Version : Comparison question

itZme
12/03/2006, 02:26 AM
I am trying to decide if I should buy a DC8 for my AC2 or just sell the AC2 with X10s and buy an ACjr. Other than the number of outlets possible to control can anyone tell me a benefit to having the AC2 over a Jr? I want to be able to monitor online and I already have serial cable and Aquanotes along with Lab Grade PH probe. I would keep that stuff and then just plug it into the Jr.

Can the Jr also operate X10s after the DC8?

Thanks for any advice,
-- itZme

wiszmaster
12/03/2006, 02:38 AM
X10 - YES

From Neptunesys.com:

"Control Options
Like the entire AquaController product line, both X10 and/or hardwired control options are available. For new installations we recommend a hardwired installation. Up to 3 Direct Connect 4s (DC4) or Direct Connect 4 Heavy Dutys (DC4HD), or 1 DC8 and 1 DC4/DC4HD can be used with the AquaController Jr if a hardwired control solution is desired. The DC boxes connect directly to the AquaController through a standard 4 conductor telephone cable. With 3 DC4HDs connected 12 different devices can be controlled independently, with a maximum total power dissappation of approximately 3 * 120 * 15 = 5400 Watts. No X10 modules or interfaces are required if Direct Connect control boxes are used.

For X10 control, the AquaController sends a digital signal to the control interface (part number IM513) which places a small RF signal onto the powerlines in your home. The control modules (typically part number CM466) receive this X10 signal over the power lines, and if the code matches the user settable address the module is turned on or off. Up to 12 control modules can be controlled with the AquaController Jr.
"

http://www.neptunesys.com/aquaControllerJr.htm#CONTROL

itZme
12/03/2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks wiszmaster. The only differences I can find are the number of devices controlled and the ORP monitor. It is really hard to justify spending $175 plus shipping to get the DC8 when you can get the whole package with a Jr for only $75 more.

BTW, I grew up in Lehigh... not far from Ft. Myers :) but now I'm back in Ohio. 16yrs of FL weather is enough for me.

wiszmaster
12/03/2006, 03:26 AM
hah - when did you move away from lehigh - in the past 3 years lehigh has grown out of ... well .. its grown.