PDA

View Full Version : power outage and skimmers

96p993
12/04/2006, 05:28 PM
I have a question about skimmers. Am I correct is stating the AC Jr does not have a temporary power delay for my skimmer like the RK 2 has? If power comes back on my return pump and skimmer will come on at the same time..This in turn will overflow my skimmer due to water height making it pretty much worthless if Im not around to witness it....Is this correct or am I backwards on this

clp
12/04/2006, 07:23 PM
Currently, there is not a power failure statement in the Jr., however, the next firmware release (in about 1 or 2 weeks) will contain that feature. The current firmware does have a delayed restart for skimmers, etc. following a feed cycle.
I don't believe that the RK2 has a power failure feature that could be used for the skimmer. They just have a delayed restart of MH bulbs after a power failure.

Curt

JCG
12/05/2006, 12:03 AM
Will this firmware release for the Jr. allow all channels the option of a delayed restart after a power outtage, or just one channel? It would be nice to have all channels come one one after another, and to pick the amount of delay...ie 15min for MH, 5 min for skimmer, etc.

J.C.

JS_racer
12/05/2006, 06:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8680406#post8680406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clp
The current firmware does have a delayed restart for skimmers, etc. following a feed cycle.
Curt

how would one program for that ??

clp
12/07/2006, 06:57 PM
Yes, any channel can have a delayed restart (version 3.2 of the firmware).

For a light it would be something like this:

If Time > 8:00 Then LT1 ON
If Time > 20:00 Then LT1 OFF
If Power 005 Then LT1 OFF

The Power statement would delay the lights coming on for 5 minutes after a power failure. Similarily for the other lights, pumps, etc.

Curt

JCG
12/07/2006, 11:32 PM
Thats a great feature, I think I made my decision about which controller to buy! thanks for the reply Curt.