PDA

View Full Version : My fish is gone.

all-apologies
12/04/2006, 06:37 PM
hey,

i have (had? :( ) a white sleeper goby for about two weeks, and after adding 80 more pounds of LR and rearanging the tank, i havent seen him

he would always come out with the halides on and sift sand or swim around. Now i havnt seen him for 3 days. Today i moved all of my rocks around in an effort to find him or his carcass, but nothing...

anybody had a fish just 'dissapear' ???

i dont think hes in the sump cus he cant fit through my stockman's.

I wondered if i cruched him under a rock or something. Maybe my starfish and crabs got him in the night after he was killed. I have no idea and i really dont want to take out all of my rocks to try and find him.

just looking for suggstions...

o well sh*t happens,

thanks,

crazy4salt
12/04/2006, 06:58 PM
Give it a few days, he may be hiding due to the re-arrangement of his environment. I've had fish do this for days at a time...... then suddenly there they are.

tradosz
12/04/2006, 07:59 PM
I actually had a black cap basslet that I saw only once the same day I introduced it and did not see him again. Completely gave up on him. After 3 months he suddenly shot out of the reef for a piece of food healthy as can be. Reef is built on on PVC, so he had plenty of room in his over sized cave. He now stays out all say.

LFS_worker
12/04/2006, 08:01 PM
If the fish did die the the crabs and the star would make quick work of him. They are also very good jumpers so look around the tank!

good luck!
B

all-apologies
12/04/2006, 08:14 PM
thanks,

i looked around and no sign of him outside of the tank. I moved all of the rocks around earlier and i didnt see him. It doesnt help that hes white and stays on the sand either, but oh well. I need to rebuild my rockwork and see if he turns up.

Tradosz- thats amazing, haha, how have you built your reef up on pvc. I have though about doing that, but havnt really figured out how..

thanks again,

rodd1rj
12/04/2006, 08:19 PM
I lost a couple firefish a couple days ago. But what I wanted to say was I have a purple pesudo who stays in his hole even when the rock gets lifted out of the water. Thats actually the only way I can catch him.

Misled
12/04/2006, 09:21 PM
Hey rodd1rj, be careful what you put in your tank with the pesudo. I would think he would be the one who took out your firefish. They can be very aggressive, very fast and very relentless. Once they feel safe in a tank they tend to own it. Mine is about 3.5 in and thinks he's God.

hullreefman
12/04/2006, 10:52 PM
I think your fish will be fine. I bought a yellow cardinal and haven't seen it since I put it into the tank. THREE weeks later, I aquascape and saw it once all the rocks were out. I had two rocks in the container where I kept him while working on the tank. Once I put the rocks inside the tank, the yellow cardinal & a red scotter blenny were missing from the container. Apparantly the blenny was on the rocks when I placed it in the tank. I saw the blenny afterwards but haven't seen the cardinal yet. I don't expect to see him for another few weeks or months :)