PDA

View Full Version : Urgent, established Koran stopped eating, posted in disease forum as well

owenb01
12/05/2006, 10:39 AM
I have a 75 that has been up for about 1.5 years and all has been well since about the six month mark. My Koran Angel, which I have had for about 9 months and is about 7 inches including tail, has just completely stopped feeding. A few days ago I broke the tank down to address a hair algae problem and to remove a grouper and a trigger who were getting on my nerves; the angel has not eaten since. A couple of days before that I had added a Moorish Idol, who I thought may have introduced a disease that hit my otherwise healthy Koran. When I introduced the idol, the Koran beat the hell out of him for a couple of hours and I almost pulled the idol out, but the Koran decided he had established his dominance as king of the tank and left him alone. I moved in June and broke the entire tank down then, saved 50% of the water, set the tank back up, Koran immediately resumed eating like a pig. Like I said, however, he has not eaten since this last break down. The idol, on the other hand, has begun eating voraciously, which leads me to believe he has no disease that he could have introduced to my tank. He was QT'ed for a month at the LFS and I checked on him every few days, and he ate there as well. Yesterday, the Koran was very lethargic and showed no interest in food; today he has resumed his dominant behavior but he still won't eat. Other than the 7" Koran and the 4" Idol there is nothing in the tank except a lawnmower blenny, crabs, and snails. Let me take that back, I also have a ton of clavularia, and a decent size frag of acanthastrea echinata. My temperature is high (82-84) but it has always been like this (and the Koran has always eaten like a pig) and my clavularia always alerts me when there is a problem. I recently added some poly filter in a fluval 404 to drop my phosphates. I do aggressive skimming and weekly 10 gallon water changes with RO water. The Koran shows absolutely no outward manifestation of disease or parasite. I am going to try to find some selcon today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I do NOT want to lose this fish.

Thanks

Ben