PDA

View Full Version : another tang question (gosh will these stop)

gopens
12/05/2006, 07:12 PM
well i have a purple tang in a 100 gallon. can i add a yellow eyed tang. they are both about 3.5 inches long. i can get the yellow eyed for free tonight. my good friend just got a lunar wrasse (i think that is what its called), and the wrasse is all over that yellow eyed. i know that you should stay away from the same style of tang, but i think they are different. thanks

davocean
12/05/2006, 07:20 PM
You might be OK.
You may want to rearrange rockwork to make the purple think HE'S the new guy.
You're about min. on tank size for both of them though, so just keep that in mind.

gopens
12/05/2006, 07:25 PM
yeah i figured it was getting a bit snug. but i am doing a 180 this spring. thanks

davocean
12/05/2006, 07:27 PM
You're fine for now, but you're going to hear as they get bigger....
I'd give it a try.

SDguy
12/05/2006, 07:47 PM
I'd say go for it. Be prepared to separate them though if it get too nasty. And watch that lunar wrasse....not the most docile of wrasses, IME.

gopens
12/05/2006, 07:51 PM
oh, i am not getting the lunar. my buddy just got one and its attacking the yellow eye. see i am concerned if they do go at it because ther is no way i can seperate them. i have torn my rock work down to many times to get fish out and i am not going to do it again. i just hope it works. i am going to give my buddy 30 for him, even thought he said i could have him. my concern is that i know that my purple has gone after a yelloe tang, but they are the same body type.