PDA

View Full Version : Cube Master

pulleygirl
12/06/2006, 04:49 PM
Hello, I'm considering the purchase of a 12-gallon Cube Master. Does anyone have any experience with this, or know how it has done? Thanks!

hahnmeister
12/06/2006, 04:50 PM
What the heck is a 'Cube Master'?

pulleygirl
12/06/2006, 04:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/12G-NANO-TANK-by-Cube-Master-2006-DELUXE-Moon-Lights_W0QQitemZ130052159177QQcmdZViewItem

There's one on ebay (not where i'm buying it from)

tripstank
12/06/2006, 05:15 PM
Looks like JBJ clone. I would check the nano reef section and see what kind of mods or problems other have had. Other than that, I couldn't imagine what problems would arise. If you have done a Nano it doesn't look like a problem.

jetfixr
12/06/2006, 05:40 PM
I am running one, its a pretty cool little tank, and the price is right. You can turn one of the sections in the back to a refugium, also I have crammed a MJ1200 into the back of it and I have it running a hydor head thru the bulkhead, so the flow is more then adequate. I also put a cold cathode light in it for a better moonlight. The tank itself seems to be of pretty good construction. Most softies will run fine under its stock lighting. However, if you are looking to go crazy with lighting mods, you may be better off with a nanocube, or beter yet an aquapod, they have a model that sells with a 150MH sunpod as a stock configuration. The problem is there is not a whole lot of room in the canopy for lighting. Also you have a lot more lighting options with the nanocubes, with Nanocustoms and Nanotuners making mods specifically for those tanks. I like my cubemaster and for the type of stuff I have in there, there seems to be no need for lighting mods.

hipertec
12/06/2006, 11:21 PM
I like mine too. but just recently one of the lights are not working so Im only running 1 set of stock lights..
anyone know how to take off the stock hood without breaking the hinge?

momentumfoto
12/07/2006, 11:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8697433#post8697433 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hipertec
I like mine too. but just recently one of the lights are not working so Im only running 1 set of stock lights..
anyone know how to take off the stock hood without breaking the hinge?

Just lift the lid up about 2in and pull it towards you if you are standing in front of the tank. It makes me nervous every time I do it. Does you lid shut properly? ... mine is bent and wont shut right.

blake

tripstank
12/08/2006, 09:56 AM
I would run it open top and then add a JBJ Viper 70 watt MH.

jetfixr
12/08/2006, 11:41 AM
I considered doing that when I was going to run sps in mine, but there have been several reports that the viper was pretty cheaply constructed. In addition to that 70 watts isn't a heck of a lot of light. I ultimately went another directions and bought another tank, I just use the stock lighting on mine. But from the research I was doing, the Sunpod 150 MH seemed like it would be a much better choice, and wouldn't cost much more. Just my 2 cents.

tripstank
12/08/2006, 12:46 PM
Right on, I never handled a viper, I just knew of them. It seemed to me the stock lights were not really usable. I am a strong proponent for MHs.