PDA

View Full Version : To Paint Wall BEhind 180 black or not?

MC Lighting
12/06/2006, 10:35 PM
Ok so my 180 Gallon tank arrived yesterday WOOOHOOOOO! :rollface: and I was thinking before the tank is a permanent fixture against the wall should I go ahead and paint the wall behind the tank black to match the stand? It is only a 7' ceilling so there is not a huge amount of wall that will be seen but my thoughts were that it would suck up some of the excess halide instead of reflecting it back at me and my computer screen (this is my office) Any thoughts before I break out the primer....

phil5613
12/06/2006, 10:53 PM
I painted the back of my tank blue before setting it up. I like this better then any background i have ever used. I used Krylon Fusion and it was a breeze.

MC Lighting
12/06/2006, 11:01 PM
Actually I already painted the back of the tank black, this was just for the wall so that behind the open front stand you would see black and not a white wall also to drown the halides a bit at the top of the tank...

MC Lighting
12/07/2006, 12:43 AM
oh come on nobody has done this?

Mark426
12/07/2006, 05:48 AM
Now that you said you have an open stand, painting the wall might not be a bad idea...or...you could hang a black piece of cloth over the back of the stand and get nearly the same effect. If you wanted to do the entire wall, hang a black curtain. Cut slits where your lines/power cords go thru the cloth if you need too....would look better IMHO.

MC Lighting
12/07/2006, 11:51 AM
only problem with cloth is if it got wet wouldn't the salt water just eat it alive?

jammerz
12/07/2006, 12:25 PM
like the stones said...paint it black!!