PDA

View Full Version : Aptasia out of the blue

the other tang
12/08/2006, 10:36 AM
Like everyone I have has aptasia before and its no biggie to control but I always knew where they came from. This time I really don't. I had only one big one from who knows where. I might be asking you to look into a crystal ball here but where did he come from? Can they be dormant? Can the hide deep into rock to surface later? The best reasonable answer is that I bought a couple fish and a cucumber in November. There was no rock in the bags only water. I don't know exactly how they breed but I assume it gives off something waterbourne instead of the typical split I see from my bulb anemone, right?

GregEMT
12/08/2006, 12:12 PM
Maybe the whole time it was hidden in the rock work out of site. They can hide deep into the rocks and only have a few tentacles out. Then for whatever reason it needed to move, and the spot it picked it oput on the open for you to see.

tkeracer619
12/08/2006, 12:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8707615#post8707615 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GregEMT
Maybe the whole time it was hidden in the rock work out of site. They can hide deep into the rocks and only have a few tentacles out. Then for whatever reason it needed to move, and the spot it picked it oput on the open for you to see.

When I looked into the crystal ball that is what it showed me.

the other tang
12/08/2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks, i was thinking that but just didn't know. Any knowlege of how they breed?