PDA

View Full Version : 6" humu huma (picasso) trigger! Help!

FishyMel
12/08/2006, 02:09 PM
My LFS just got a beautiful 6' huma in and I am wondering if would go in my 200 gallon tank and be compatible. I have a yellow banana brazilian moray (g. miliaris) purple tang (6') emperor angel (6"), mappa puffer(9") and that is all. Will the huma work. I am worried about the humu beating up on my other fish. Any thoughts? I have read varied opinions on the aggressiveness of the humu humu.

Thanks!

saltycreefer
12/08/2006, 02:10 PM
I'd go with a smaller HUmuHumu.

XtrmCHoPZ
12/08/2006, 02:14 PM
It depends on the particular temperment of that picasso. Some or horribly aggressive, others are passive.....See if you can tell at the store. Ask the workers to feed him. See how aggressive he is. Other than that...your tank is good size and the fish you have arent wimps, they can more than likely handle themselves, try it!

55gSW
12/08/2006, 08:26 PM
I say try it! :D My own humu is a terror towards any kind of invert but towards other fish he's wonderful, well except when there's food involved, then he wants to hog it all!! ;)

crhis
12/08/2006, 08:43 PM
mine was only aggressive towards a red tooth trigger I tried to keep with him.
other species are fine with him.
just my personal experience though .

Huma Huma6
12/20/2006, 09:32 PM
I also say try it. You have a big tank its aggresion should be less than usuall. Hopefully its a nice one.

I like Triggers
12/20/2006, 10:30 PM
In my 225 my 5" humu is very happy. He is quite aggressive though, and is the smallest fish in my tank, he never bothers my 6" vlamingi tang or my 8" golden belly dogface.

tb27272
12/21/2006, 05:57 AM
Ditto on previous remarks. My Huma is pretty passive, he is less bold at feedings than my lion or lunar wrasse. All he is interested in doing is swimming back and forth at the left end of the tank looking at himself in the reflection! ( I think he is quite proud of himself or he is stupid and thinks he is playing with another trigger!)

boomsticks
12/21/2006, 08:41 AM
I love mine! He will make that "crunching/bark" sound when he is hungry which is most of the time! They do love to hog the food but the maroon clown doesn't seem to mind and waits his turn for pig to finish. Sometimes I will have to feed twice in the morning before going to work to make sure the clown gets some food. As for inverts he doesn't even think twice about them (Flame Scallop right above his cave, two huge feather dusters just regular brown hitchhikers, and tons of hermit crabs.)

Orbitee2006
12/21/2006, 12:15 PM
IT DEPENDS ON THE FISH, MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE A COMMUNITY FISH BUT I HAVE SEEN THE FEW THAT ARE JUST AS NASTY AS CAN BE. I SUGGEST MAKING A DEAL WITH THE LFS TO BE RETURNED IF HE IS TROUBBLE

I like Triggers
12/21/2006, 12:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8800782#post8800782 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Orbitee2006
I SUGGEST MAKING A DEAL WITH THE LFS TO BE RETURNED IF HE IS TROUBBLE

good call.