PDA

View Full Version : can i have a 6g refugium?

BiggySmalls
12/08/2006, 04:29 PM
and how do i set it up?

kipher
12/08/2006, 04:34 PM
Why not! how you set it up though is dependent on several things.

Where are you going to put it? (is it HOB)
What are the dimensions of it?
etc.

Elaborate on your situation.

dirtyclownfish
12/09/2006, 08:40 PM
All of BiggySmalls's threads are asking "if A+B=C, what do all of the variables stand for?". No one can very well asess your situation without any information on it. As to seting it up. I reccomend either having it as part of your sump or plumbing it from the sump, from there it can pass through filter floss and be returned to the sump. Make sure that the equipment in the system can handle the extra water volume.

demonsp
12/09/2006, 08:44 PM
Well a 6 gal on a 20 or 30 gal fine but if you have bigger tank then a larger fuge is better. Really depends on what you want to accomplish with your refugium. I type refugium under google search then looked in the images tab and there are lots of pics.

Rich_Lucas
12/09/2006, 08:47 PM
I have a 6 gallon refugium on my 36 gallon corner bowfront. I originally was going to go with a 10 or 15 gallon tank, but it wouldn't fit in the stand and I just happen to have this eclipse 6 that I wasn't using. I'm sure it's better than nothing.

Shagsbeard
12/09/2006, 08:52 PM
Refugiums are great. Mine is currently a 5 gallon painter's bucket. It's working great. I have a 20 gallon set up to be one, but haven't had the time to plumb it.