PDA

View Full Version : Experience with MD Live?

apache73
12/10/2006, 07:10 AM
Anybody have any experiences with ordering livestock through MarineDepotLive? They have some livestock that I was considering ordering that I can't find at Liveaquaria.

Thanks,

G

jgoodrich71
12/15/2006, 10:01 AM
I have ordered fish from them, and they are very healthy. There was a problem withthem sending an incorrect fish, but they did whatever I wanted to correct the problems. So in my experience, I would have no problems ordering from them again.

apache73
12/15/2006, 09:16 PM
I tried the marinedepotlive route for ordering a goby/randall's shrimp pair. Unfortunately, they didn't come through on the fish/shrimp order. I placed an order with them days in advance with the caveat that they could ship on a certain date. I took the day off from work on this date so that I could simply pick the livestock up at the sorting center so they wouldn't have to bounce around in the back of a UPS truck the whole day. I called ahead for a tracking number the day prior to the planned arrival day. I had asked that MDL either phone me or email me the tracking number the day prior so that I could arrange with UPS to hold the live stock at their sorting center, they-MDL, did neither. Since they neither emailed or called with the tracking number a day prior to the theoretical ship date I called MDL to ask what the deal was. Needless to say, there was not a tracking number nor had the livestock shipped. I immediately cancelled the order.

I won't order anything from MDL again. I'll stick with liveaquaria for any online orders and I may even try PA in the future-as their livestock program is a work in progress.

G

specrn5
12/31/2006, 11:00 PM
I just ordered some stuff, I'll let you know how it goes. I usually order from liveaquaria, but I decided to give MDL a chance.

specrn5
01/03/2007, 03:37 PM
Just got the shipment in. Everything seems to be alive, although the niger trigger is a bit docile even after acclimation. He's hiding behind my rocks right now, I hope he does okay.

I wish they would have added more than one heating pad though. The water was a little too cold.

My shipment was also lacking a couple items, but I wasn't charge for them, so I am cool with it. I'm guessing it's because they weren't in stock?

Other than that, I'm pleased with the order. Everything seems pretty healthy and with the exception of it being cold, I think it was shipped well.