PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Algee

Bew
12/11/2006, 11:08 AM
Help! My tank is getting over run with bubble algee. I have tried curring the rock in vats with no light,no heat, only heavy circulation for several months. Also have scrubbed and rinsed in both fresh and salt water. Replaced in tank now after several weeks under normal lighting conditions here it comes again. Any input would be helpful.

Cshradr7
12/11/2006, 12:06 PM
have you tried emerald crabs? idk what size tank you have but they are natural pretators of bubble algae.

also, next time be patient when posting rather than clicking submit 4 times

ReefWreak
12/11/2006, 12:45 PM
Unfortunatly bubble algae (valonia sp.) are incredibly difficult to rid your tank of, because they're low nutrient algae. I've had green crabs in my tanks to get rid of it, and they're not always 100%, especially when the algae grows on a place that they can't reach, like a powerhead or something like that. For whatever reason, it really likes to grow only on my mini-jet powerhead, so occasionally i have to take it out of my nano and just boil and scrub the powerhead to get it all off. Other than that, my tank is pretty bubble free.

MaineMarine
12/11/2006, 12:59 PM
I get more comments on the bubble than on my LPS

Rockitmakr
12/11/2006, 01:10 PM
Remember this! Do not pop the bubbles when removing them, they will release spores into the water.