PDA

View Full Version : up grading

ratgrrl77
12/11/2006, 04:32 PM
So i'm up grading our tank from 55 gal to a 75 ( I got it real cheap from a friend)
So I was thinking of ordering some more goodies from TBS. I was thinking of ordering enough sand to cycle it and then slowly adding rock from the 55 to it and eventaully whn all has been moved from the 55 ordering some more rock ( decrotive) and critters.
Do you guys think that is the most effecient way to go about it??

I'd love to order another package but I only need enought o make up for the 20 gallon difference. And I really would hate to move all the rocks out of the 55 to get to the sand.

Any thoughts?

figuerres
12/11/2006, 08:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8728654#post8728654 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ratgrrl77
So i'm up grading our tank from 55 gal to a 75 ( I got it real cheap from a friend)
So I was thinking of ordering some more goodies from TBS. I was thinking of ordering enough sand to cycle it and then slowly adding rock from the 55 to it and eventaully whn all has been moved from the 55 ordering some more rock ( decrotive) and critters.
Do you guys think that is the most effecient way to go about it??

I'd love to order another package but I only need enought o make up for the 20 gallon difference. And I really would hate to move all the rocks out of the 55 to get to the sand.

Any thoughts?

:D

I have a 55 and am geting a 90 friday night or saturday am.

and I am working out how to move it etc....

in my case I am planing on moving all the rock to holding tubs move all my sand from the 55 to the 90 then adding some new TBS sand to fill in the 90.
then some of my rock and put the rest back in the 55 for a few days while the 90 settles in.

I hope the new sandbed will cycle fast.... ;)