PDA

View Full Version : Settings Spreadsheet

redbull99
12/12/2006, 05:17 AM
Since I will have to restore all my settings again tomorrow when AQ replace my system, I thought I would record all my settings to make it a bit easier. This is something we should all do until the backup is more reliable or they give us a text export.

I got a bit carried away and created a monster of a spreadsheet themed just like the AQ software with separate sheets for all the modules.

I don't have the Redox, conductivity or density modules working so I couldn't include those (if anyone wants to add those settings and send it to me I will update the download).

Hopefully someone will find this useful to record their settings. You can download it from one of my sites http://www.weatherdreams.co.uk/Downloads/Aquatronica Settings Themed.xls

Here are a couple of screen shots to show you a couple of the sheets. If you spot any errors please let me know.

Enjoy! :D

http://www.pbase.com/photodreams/image/71571259.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/photodreams/image/71571258.jpg

PrarieReef
12/12/2006, 09:01 AM
Neat, Thanks RedBull99

redbull99
12/12/2006, 09:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8733883#post8733883 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PrarieReef
Neat, Thanks RedBull99

Thanks, I hope you find it useful.

You might want to download it again as I have done some tidying up and added in the power cut settings on the plugbar.

yettihead
12/12/2006, 11:12 AM
redbull99,

This is awesome, thanks a million.

Chad

RobbyG
12/12/2006, 11:12 AM
Wow very nice, I had written mine down on paper but these sheets will make things so much easier and nicer. Thank you very much for sharing it.

dbond
12/12/2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing will definitely use it

Psyire
12/12/2006, 02:28 PM
Impressive! Thanks!

ik2vov
12/12/2006, 05:04 PM
Wonderful, thank you!!!!

RobbyG
12/12/2006, 07:50 PM
Redbull how did you make the spread sheet? Manually or by capturing parts of the screens and pasting them. I am not an excel expert but I could try and get the others. It would be real nice if there was an easy way :)

redbull99
12/13/2006, 01:23 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8738866#post8738866 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RobbyG
Redbull how did you make the spread sheet? Manually or by capturing parts of the screens and pasting them. I am not an excel expert but I could try and get the others. It would be real nice if there was an easy way :)

I did try to use screen dumps directly, but found it was quicker just to re-create the pages. If you could send me the screen dumps for the other modules, including the little pop up boxes when you add a program or plugbar, then I can add them very quickly.

Glad everyone is finding it useful. :)

Tremelle
12/13/2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the good work. I will definitely being using this for my manual backup.

RobbyG
12/13/2006, 10:40 AM
I will get them this evening when I get home, please PM me your email address.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8740743#post8740743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by redbull99
I did try to use screen dumps directly, but found it was quicker just to re-create the pages. If you could send me the screen dumps for the other modules, including the little pop up boxes when you add a program or plugbar, then I can add them very quickly.

Glad everyone is finding it useful. :)

kwgozy
12/19/2006, 09:53 AM
Very nice redbull99, I just finished my excel class at school, very cool program. You did a great job! I have probably a very stupid question.

This is so you can keep track of all your settings in case somthing happends?

So if you have to restore your settings do you have to manually set them by just looking off the spreadsheet or can you use the spreadsheet to restore your settings?

Like I said a very stupid question! I patrol this forum quite often and sort of get lost with some of these topics. I have had my controller for about a year and still have not took it out of the box, other than downloading the software on my computer so I'm not quite up to speed on it's capabilities other than just controlling ect. It's all of the new firmware ect because I have no experience with the controller. Thanks for the help and once again very nice redbull99!!

Kyle

redbull99
12/23/2006, 04:31 PM
the spreadsheet is purely for recording your setings in case you have to start from scratch again. No matter how good your memory is a year down the line you will not remeber all your programming.

Hopefully over xmas I will have time to update the spreadsheet for the extra modules.

Robby can you still send me the screen dumps for ORP and Conductivity sensors?

Steve.

RobbyG
12/23/2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry about that, it's been a mess these last few days, I will try to capture the screens tonight.

RobbyG
12/29/2006, 09:31 PM
Sorry for the very long delay.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/96341RedoxScr-med.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/96341ConductivityScr-med.JPG

Psyire
01/23/2007, 04:03 PM
Is Redbull still around?