PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica Issues

catastrofe
12/12/2006, 06:22 AM
I've been having an Aquatronica issue for the last several days. At least two of the receptacles on the power unit turn are behaving strangely. This started after a multi day power outage and my use of a generator to power my home.

One receptable powers a Vortech pump and is programmed to be active from 00:00 to 23:59 with an interval of 7M on and 3M off. When the receptable switches on, it immediately switches off for about 5 - 10 seconds. It then switches back on and remains on for 7 minutes as intended. It switches off just fine.

The other receptacle exhibits the opposite behavior. It controls my fluorescent lighting (Sfiligoi) so the active time is different and there's no on/off interval, but when it's time for the lights to go off, they switch off and then immediately back on for 5 - 10 seconds. They then go off as programmed and remain off.

I've reviewed my programming and confirmed that there aren't any conflicting commands. This is a new power unit that I ordered to replace the original after it took a "bath". I've had it around 3 weeks.

Any suggestions?

catastrofe
12/12/2006, 05:51 PM
Anyone?

Captain Quirk
12/12/2006, 08:41 PM
Have you called AO and talked with them about it? Or posted this in the AO forum?

catastrofe
12/12/2006, 08:55 PM
It's posted on the AO forum. . .Andrew suggested I post here for input from the engineers.

Captain Quirk
12/12/2006, 09:10 PM
Good luck with that. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Won't AO just replace it for you? It DOES have a 2 year warranty, so...

???

RobbyG
12/13/2006, 11:16 AM
Did you try switching around outlets? To confirm that it is just those two. Also you might want to erase the programs and re-enter them again.
(I got a bad feeling once you mentioned the Generator. If it's a low end unit with noisy voltage, anything can happen.)

Aquarium Obsessed
12/13/2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Kernelangus,

Thanks for your input. :)

We are always willing to replace components that are defective under warranty. However, since many customers that were sent replacement materials have still not sent them back we have decided to become a little more strict on warranty replacements. We must await approval by Aquatronica prior to sending new units. The other reasoning is alot of the time what may seem like a defective unit may simply be a programming error or conflict.

I will try to see if Ron or Andrew can buzz in on this thread and help at all.

thanks,
AO

catastrofe
12/13/2006, 11:33 AM
Robby,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried deleting the existing programs and re-entering them in case there was a "ghost" program. No change in behavior.

It's not practical to switch outlets around as I'm not home when my halides come on and there doesn't seem to be an issue with their "off" command. I'm fairly sure it's just the 2 receptacles and I'm inclined to believe it's a contoller or software issue. The clock symbol on the controller switches with the activity taking place at the receptacle. So when the Vortech switches on then off, the controller indicates that status. This would imply the controller is sending the signal. If the power unit was at fault, I would think that the status symbol on the controller would remain in its proper state without changing.

Is there a way to "re-set" the controller completely (other than deleting programs as that doesn't resolve the issue) so I can re-program from scratch?

RobbyG
12/13/2006, 11:43 AM
You can reset it under the Settings option in the controllers menu. Then go down to Reset Programs or something like that, I am at work so cant see the options. You really sure you want to do this?? Start back from scratch?
I would think it would be easier just to switch the plugs around and change up the program timers for those two plugs.

ik2vov
12/13/2006, 03:15 PM
Hi Catastrofe,
i'm routing your post to Aquatronica, as i will receive an answer i'll write here.

Bye

catastrofe
12/13/2006, 03:31 PM
Thank you Gilberto.

:D

catastrofe
12/14/2006, 06:20 AM
I went ahead and reset the controller last night.

I'm still experiencing the same issue on the receptable controlling the Vortech, although the cycle is now reversed. Now the receptacle comes on for 7M just fine, but when it switches off it immediately turns back on for 5 - 10 seconds. It then goes off and stays off. I'd speculate that the issue with the receptacle controlling my fluorescents is still there also.

catastrofe
12/18/2006, 10:54 AM
Any word from Aquatronica? I'd like to get this resolved. . .

BTW, the fluorescents seem to be working fine since the controller re-set. I mis-spoke in my first post as I have 2 pendants and the fluorescents are controlled by 2 separate plugs. Therefore I was having issues with 3 plugs total. Now only one plug seems to be affected.

Thanks!

catastrofe
12/21/2006, 06:37 AM
Gilberto. . . any word on these issues?

Thanks!

ik2vov
12/23/2006, 02:16 PM
Hi catastrofe,

sorry for the delay, Aquatronica asked to try to change plug for the Vortech pump and to connect to the plug gives you the problem another thing like heater or another kind of pump to check if this with a different program gives the same problem or if you get the problem also with the "new" plug.

Let me know.

Bye

catastrofe
12/27/2006, 07:01 AM
Gilberto,

I made the changes as suggested, but the same plug is still affected. Switching equimpment has no effect and the problem doesn't follow the equipment, it's limited to the plug.

I've noticed that the off/on/off cycle doesn't occur with every interval on the plug. . .it's now intermittent (I can't tell if there's a pattern or not). This started a few days ago, after I modified the programming on the plug and then went back to the original program.

Thanks,

Bob

ik2vov
12/29/2006, 10:07 AM
Ok catastrofe, please send an e-mail to [email protected] I will send an e-mail immediately.
I think they will replace the unit.

Bye