PDA

View Full Version : need info on curlyQ anemone....

queenbeez
12/13/2006, 01:06 AM
can someone give me info on the curlyque anemone?thanks in advance

jpitts101
12/13/2006, 10:40 AM
i adopted one. it was in a bad home so i took it and put it in my refuge. they are simular to aptasia but without the spreading. i put it in my fuge being anemone's are great filter feeders. i wouldnt recomend putting on in your main tank being that they arent the prettiest and can sting but i think it would be great for a fuge. if i could i would put about 20 of them in mine, just for the filter feeded aspect but i dont want to pay for them.

queenbeez
12/13/2006, 10:09 PM
well i bought one,it is really neat.i paid $7.00 for it,those impulse buys.do they like alot of water movement?mine has found it's spot.i wounder if you could keep them in a sump?geeze i don't want it to eat my fish though.will clowns be attracted to this?

jpitts101
12/13/2006, 11:45 PM
my clowns never came close to mine. i wouldnt worry about it eating your fish either, i dont think it would be near stong enough to take a healty fish. generally when it finds a spot it will stay, mine has been in the same spot for about 6 months now. he has grown and stretches way out. i can also feed mine by hand. its kinda funny it has its own little personality.

queenbeez
12/14/2006, 12:32 AM
can they sting or hurt you?

JamesJR
12/14/2006, 01:24 AM
I used to sell them and handle them all the time and I was never stung. They are really pretty neat creatures.