View Full Version : est way to feed a SNowflake

jwblocal701
12/13/2006, 09:37 AM
Whats the best way to feed a snowflake eel hes about 9 inches long or so

use a stick

just drop in food ??

hcahan
12/13/2006, 10:01 AM
They both work. We use to feed ours off tongs. He'd come grab a piece and then slink back into his hole. Or sometimes he'd just come out and grap the food floating around the bottom of the tank. They don't see well so make sure the food is near by so he can smell it. Also make sure your tank is covered really, really well. They like to go carpet surfing. Ours did. RIP. The hubby was so sad he won't let me get another. And we had a glass top coving the whole tank. He must have wiggled out the back where the skimmer or heater hung. Good luck. They are really beautiful animals.

jwblocal701
12/13/2006, 10:10 AM
i wonder y they commit suicide like that ill have to tape up the skimmer holes on the cover

russy pelican
12/13/2006, 10:26 AM
When mine is hungry enough (or the food just smells too good) it'll nearly come out of the tank trying to snatch food from the surface. I usually skewer a half piece of shrimp at a time on a small plastic rod and get it close to the eel. It's fun watching them tie themselves in knots when they are smaller, but feeding is really a pain sometimes as they grow. They just open mouth and franticly look for something to chomp.