PDA

View Full Version : 6100x2+7095 setup annoyances

danskim
12/13/2006, 11:09 AM
I have two 6100s that I like to set up in the inverval mode using the 7095. I have both on magnet mounts.
I am getting annoyed by the fact that the pumps "jump" a little each time they are turned back on after being off for a few seconds. I mean I'm sure that is inevitable, but after I get back from work or wake up, I notice that one of the pumps is always moving away from where I want it to point causing sand to form dunes in a corner.

I make sure the pump is right on the "teeth" of the other side too.
I tried the different screws provided to tighten the thing, but they are all too loose.

What can I do?
Did I miss a screw maybe?

rvitko
12/13/2006, 12:03 PM
There is no screw for the smaller pumps, only the 6200 has a screw and a special threaded post. This really should not happen, if the pieces are firmly meshed together so the teeth engage it should not move. I might suggest using Interval 2 so the pumps do not turn off, this is better for the pumps and there will be less jump since they just slow to 30% rather than turn off.

danskim
12/13/2006, 12:04 PM
Okay, I'll try Interval 2 then.

xtrstangx
12/14/2006, 09:21 AM
You could also try small black zip ties and tighten them down really tight. When you need to clean the pump, you could leave them on, or you could carefully cut them off with a pair of diagonal cutters