PDA

View Full Version : feeding...

Cloby86
12/13/2006, 03:29 PM
I am leaving town for about 3 weeks and a friend is going to be looking over my aquarium. I was wondering what the mininm abount of feeding would be that could still keep my fish healthy. I have 2 chromis, 1 sleeper goby, 1 clown, and 1 powder blue. as of now, I feed once a day for about 3 minutes, can I get away with much less that that over that time period?

papagimp
12/13/2006, 04:42 PM
Once a day seems like the minimal to me, but i know I've kept freshwater tanks that i could feed once a week and they did okay.

Randall_James
12/13/2006, 05:25 PM
I went to the drug store and got those 7 day pill boxes. I fill every 3rd day with about a days feed. Every day my tank sitter comes over to keep tank topped off with water,every third day they open the appropriate little compartment, dump it into a dixie cup full of tank water to soak it a bit and then just dump it in the tank.

Not ideal but the fish will do fine and hopefully not too bad an algae outbreak.

I have left fish for up to a week without food and they seem to be ok, albeit hungry when I show up

Cloby86
12/13/2006, 05:43 PM
so do you think that all will be fine if it is cut back to feeding 3 times a week for 3 weeks? I think that that is what I will have to go with.

bertoni
12/13/2006, 05:46 PM
I just use an Eheim feeder. Three feedings a week doesn't sounds fine to me, too.