PDA

View Full Version : got a hitchhiker

Riona
12/13/2006, 03:39 PM
No pics yet :o I don't have a good enough camera. Lessee. Got it in an order from south florida. It's small(could be a pest, could be a baby of a desirable sort. Dunno...) enough that if you so desired to, and put it on my 1" clown's fin you would barely be able to see the tips of the tentacles. At first I thought it was a feather duster(have a couple that have that pattern) I put the zoos it was with onto a rock, it jumped off onto the rock. Then it wandered around it for most of the day, then somehow found the sand. It's now on a spot that has a bit of stuff slightly smaller than crushed coral, along with the "normal" sized argonite that you buy at petsmart. It's dark brown, and has some slightly lighter tan stripes on the tentacles. The zoos it was with were perfectly fine when they came in, so it either isn't harmful to them, or just jumped in before shipment and didn't have any time to harm them.

I know it's a shot in the dark to try, but it never hurts to ask, right?

illcssd
12/13/2006, 07:51 PM
Eh, we wont be able to do any sort of id w/out a picture. to many different things it could be...

GSMguy
12/13/2006, 08:01 PM
sounds like aptasia anemone one of clownfishes favorite host anemones.

Riona
12/13/2006, 08:14 PM
Lol, my clowns could EAT their host if that were the case :) I had assumed it was some sort of pest, just don't want to nuke it if not. Oh well, I guess I'll see if I can get a decent pic of it once my bf's camera has batteries again. Otherwise I guess I'll just hope it grows some so my phone can take a pic of it...