PDA

View Full Version : fish wish list (stocking options?)

cooksalot
12/14/2006, 01:24 PM
hi everyone. i have a 24G aquapod. as of right now, i'm planning on three fish (i would like four, but i'm afraid that might be pushing it in a 24G...what do you all think?).

i'd like a bangaii cardinal and two false osellaris (maybe one b&w and one typical orange and white, haven't totally decided if i'm going to try that, but if i do i will be introducing them at the same time).

other thoughts are a 6 line wrasse, a clown goby, or maybe a royal gramma. what would you all do? who would get along best with whom? and what order would you add these fish?

thanks,
christine

my tank thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104878

Randall_James
12/14/2006, 02:08 PM
Ocellaris or Cardinals first. Royal or any wrasse should be last in.

I would shy away from mixing the clowns as if they do not hit it off, there is no where to go. I would not mix the the royal with any wrasse either as they are both likely going to "own" the tank.

cooksalot
12/14/2006, 02:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8751606#post8751606 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randall_James
Ocellaris or Cardinals first. Royal or any wrasse should be last in.

I would shy away from mixing the clowns as if they do not hit it off, there is no where to go. I would not mix the the royal with any wrasse either as they are both likely going to "own" the tank.

ok, thanks. if i don't go with a clown pair, will one clown be happy enough on his own?

how would this be:

false ocellaris
bangaii cardinal
clown goby
six line wrasse

would they all get along? too much for a 24G? i hear the clown goby would not emit as much waste as other SW fish, and therefore would be ok as a fourth.

Randall_James
12/14/2006, 02:23 PM
Solitary clowns do just fine... and I do not think you will have any problems with that list at all. (unless you add them all at one time)

cooksalot
12/14/2006, 02:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8751712#post8751712 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randall_James
Solitary clowns do just fine... and I do not think you will have any problems with that list at all. (unless you add them all at one time)

thanks again for the quick reply. and no, i wouldn't add them all at once...i plan on quarrantining all new fish and would add one at a time, so there would be a several week gap in between each addition.

Mariner
12/14/2006, 02:33 PM
Six lines are very active fish that can become nippers. I love their look and the fact that they are in constant motion, but if it were me, I'd go with the gramma.
Mariner

Jacsubi
12/14/2006, 02:40 PM
ahh, I was thinking of getting the royal gramma and the six line in my 30.

Randall_James
12/14/2006, 02:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8751855#post8751855 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jacsubi
ahh, I was thinking of getting the royal gramma and the six line in my 30. Not impossible but a very good chance that one will not survive.