PDA

View Full Version : helping a Friend.

CardBoardBoxPro
12/14/2006, 07:21 PM
I am planning to make a canopy for a good friend of mine. the tanks is a 20 LONG. She wants to keep stuff like zooanthids, mushrooms ( the fuzzy ones are her favorite), all soft corals such as colts or leathers, possibly some of the easier to keep LPS such as frogspawn, hammer coral, candy cane, Star polyps green and pink etdc. etc.

She does not like to talk about lighting so I am gonna do it for her. What is the best yet cheap way to light the tank? Links to places selling the equipment would be cool.

CardBoardBoxPro
12/15/2006, 12:26 PM
bump

Blown 346
12/15/2006, 12:43 PM
Is she sure she will stick with the coral selection at hand? Most of us say we only want to keepo this and that, and end up having to waste more money on lighting.

Getting a good lighting system isnt a bad thing, it is always good to have more than not enough and have to change.

I would have her get what she can afford but something that will work with the corals she wants and more.

I went through these guys and couldnt have been happier with customer service, the price, and http://www.aquariumlight.com/products.php?category=41the quality of there products.

BurntOutReefer
12/15/2006, 12:52 PM
since you are DIY'ing, you could get a DIY MH kit really cheap....
search on the net....got my 400w ballast kit for less the $50.00.....

CardBoardBoxPro
12/17/2006, 07:33 PM
how many watt MH for a 20 long? and how would you keep it cool?

CardBoardBoxPro
12/18/2006, 08:37 PM
>>